How can I get an order of protection issued?

You must have a criminal complaint filed in order for the Judge to issue an order of protection. Please go to the Irondequoit Police Department at 1300 Titus Avenue to file a criminal complaint. Once the complaint is signed, it will be forwarded to the court. At the defendant's court appearance, the Judge can order that an order of protection be issued.

For information regarding orders of protection involving domestic partners, please contact the Monroe County Family Court at 585-371-3544.

Show All Answers

1. Who can file Small Claims?
2. When is my court date?
3. I can't make my court date, what do I do?
4. I have received a traffic ticket - what do I do now?
5. How do I contest a parking violation?
6. Do I need an attorney for a traffic infraction?
7. If I post bail, when can I get it back?
8. When and how can I make a payment for a parking violation?
9. What if I have a question about a parking violation?
10. What is a surcharge?
11. What if I don't pay my parking ticket?
12. How can I get an order of protection issued?
13. What is a driver assessment fee?
14. How is my driver’s license point total calculated?
15. Do I need a lawyer to go to Small Claims Court?
16. What costs are involved when filing small claims?
17. What happens after I file a Small Claims action?