I can't make my court date, what do I do?

If you have an attorney, contact your attorney, do not call the court. If you do not have an attorney, you must have a valid excuse for seeking a new appearance date (also called an adjournment). Proof may be required. Please note that while the Court will seek to accommodate all reasonable requests, you are not entitled to an adjournment and the Court is not required to offer you a new appearance date.

To request an adjournment, please call the Irondequoit Town Court at 585-336-6040 a minimum of 24 hours before your scheduled appearance. Failure to appear in court may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.

Additional information regarding adjournments:

  • Appearances on criminal charges (Misdemeanors and Felonies) cannot be rescheduled.
  • Under no circumstances will the Court offer more than three adjournments of an appearance date.
  • You may only request an adjournment in person or by phone. Under no circumstances will adjournment requests be accepted via email or through a third party.

Show All Answers

1. Who can file Small Claims?
2. When is my court date?
3. I can't make my court date, what do I do?
4. I have received a traffic ticket - what do I do now?
5. How do I contest a parking violation?
6. Do I need an attorney for a traffic infraction?
7. If I post bail, when can I get it back?
8. When and how can I make a payment for a parking violation?
9. What if I have a question about a parking violation?
10. What is a surcharge?
11. What if I don't pay my parking ticket?
12. How can I get an order of protection issued?
13. What is a driver assessment fee?
14. How is my driver’s license point total calculated?
15. Do I need a lawyer to go to Small Claims Court?
16. What costs are involved when filing small claims?
17. What happens after I file a Small Claims action?